We are husband and wife wedding photographers in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We are big fans of good food, hiking with our dog, and classic & romantic photography.
We have been photographing weddings together for 6 years and have created a photography style that is simple and classic, meant to outlast trends and highlight the intimate details, just as much as the grand moments of your wedding day.
"My husband, our families, our friends, and I absolutely adored working with Hannah and Greg!! They have such a unique vision and play with natural lighting so beautifully."
"Love, love, love the photos!!! They so beautifully capture everything about us and our wedding day. We cannot thank you enough. You guys were so awesome to work with, and we loved spending our day with you!"
"Hannah and Greg are the perfect mix of friendly and professional, and you can tell from their photos that they see the beauty in everyone and everything."
"My family and friends loved how efficient they were, and also how they felt at ease...We are so happy with the end result and We couldn't have asked for a better experience."
"We love the photos! We are so grateful to you and Greg for capturing so many sweet, loving, funny moments for us. You're the best!"
We live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with 6 chickens and a perfectly spoiled teddy bear dog named Moby (after the whale, not the singer).
We have grown to love this corner of the world for creating and attracting people who are passionate, hilarious, and unpretentious. Our photography business has morphed from a love of photography to a love of people who have shared their lives and stories with us, and forever reminded us how much relationships really matter in this life.
We are advocates for equality and education and both spend our days working for Kids on Course, a nonprofit program of the Zach Johnson Foundation. When we aren't shooting weddings, you'll find us cooking with friends, enjoying a beer on our back patio, or binge watching a show on Netflix. We believe in open minds, giving back, and dreaming big!
Photo credit: John Allen Photography
Get to know us a little bit more in a behind the scenes video of our photography business and relationship.
Videography by Sam Fathallah
I was in my senior year of college and had displayed a photography project in the coffee shop where I was working. It was a series of portraits of people I knew styled to fit different eras. I had taken the class as a fun elective and an easy A. A fellow student saw my portraits and asked me if I would take her wedding pictures. I said, no. With a small budget and simple outdoor wedding, she insisted I was just what they wanted. I've never said no to a challenge, so I took the money she paid me and bought better equipment, and devoured every piece of advice and education I could find. Before we had shot that first wedding, we booked 6 weddings purely through word of mouth. Looking back, it was crazy and maybe a bit reckless, but I fell in love with creating beautiful images and capturing the intimacy and emotion of a wedding day. Greg quickly changed from an assistant to a second shooter and has the freedom and creativity to shoot many of our clients' favorite images.
We are forever grateful to our very first bride and groom, as well as every couple afterwards who have trusted us with a monumental opportunity and responsibility.
Photo credit: John Allen Photography
Engagement and couples sessions are $350 for 2 hours at a location(s) of your choice. Most wedding packages include an engagement session with professional hair & makeup.
We are no longer accepting new portrait clients, in order to focus on our wedding couples exclusively. We are happy to recommend you to other fabulous portrait photographers.
Our average package is $2995. All packages include an online gallery, where you can download your digital files for printing and sharing. Contact us for more information about pricing.
Q: Do you travel for weddings?
A: Yes, outside of the Cedar Rapids Metro area, we charge $0.54/mile. For more than 2 hours from Cedar Rapids, contact us for a custom travel quote.
Q: Do we have "rights" to our photos?
A: You have usage rights to print/share for personal use.
Q: How do we book your services?
A: We require a 30% retainer, with the remaining 70% due one month before your wedding/shoot date.
Q: How will I receive my photos?
A: We deliver all of our images through an online gallery, where you can download your photos. Your images are backed up to the cloud for 10 years.
Q: How do we know which package is good for us?
A: We like to meet with each of our couples before booking to get to know each other. We take a limited number of weddings per year and want to make sure we are a good fit for each other. We are happy to make recommendations on the number of hours to fit your budget and timeline.